Monday 30 May 2016

May 30th

I have not spent much time here over the bank holiday period as some of us had to go to work , and the day I did have off I went photographing Wood White butterflies in Warwickshire. Just spoke with Jack Swann on the phone and he told me there is a Common Whitethroat by the two new houses being built on the approach road to the sailing club , that takes this years bird species total to seventy one . Also we possibly have three Reed Warblers now and at least two Garden Warblers. The rangers are doing a good job leaving certain parts of the grass un cut giving chance for the wild flowers to grow. Tonight I went down and photographed some of the Southern Marsh Orchids which are just starting to appear along with a nice patch of Ragged Robin.
Ragged Robin.
Southern Marsh Orchid.
Southern Marsh Orchid.
Southern Marsh Orchid.

No comments:

Post a Comment