Tuesday 28 February 2017

Feb 28th

End of the month already just seems to fly by these days . I woke this morning to a good covering of snow in our garden so with this in mind I thought about a early start as the Mere would look nice with fresh snow around . To my disappointment I arrived to find very little snow unusual as I only live less than a mile away. I decided to count the Coots and Tufted Duck ninety eight and fourty nine respectively . Two Buzzard displayed overhead and two Canada Geese flew over heading west . The three Little Grebe's are still present and a Grey Heron was flushed from the shore by a dog . Two L B B Gulls were on the water an adult and a second winter. I decided to walk the woodland path which turned out to be quite productive with four Siskin eleven Chaffinch three Bullfinch and a very close Treecreeper . Also noted were Song Thrush , Goldcrest , Coal Tit , Long-tailed Tit , Goldfinch and three Greenfinch. It looks like we are finishing the month with 54 species two more than last month.
Woodland Walk.
Treecreeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment