Wednesday 13 April 2016

Apri 13th

Astbury mega from yesterday confirmed . Yesterday around 10-00 ish I saw a large  Raptor from a distance a buzzard sized  bird with barring underneath which I thought at the time was GOSHAWK . I dismissed it as I was at Astbury and we do not get Goshawk over here , it drifted away in the direction of the Cloud , Macclesfield way. Walking around this morning I meet up with Astbury legend Jack Swan who instantly told me yesterday afternoon he had a Goshawk circling the mere giving excellent views before it drifted off . Our first record of GOSHAWK was confirmed nice one Jack. Pleasant few hours this morning in glorious sunshine , Willow Warblers are increasing with now four singing individuals . Blackcap numbers have gone up as well with at least seven males and two females today also plenty of Chiffchaff now.The female Sparrowhawk was seen hunting this morning but no sign of yesterday Goshawk typicai as I now had my camera ready .Four male Bullfinch were noted along with four Siskin and a couple of Jay's. The first Butterflies of the year for me at Astbury with a male Brimstone and a Comma along with Jacks small Tortoiseshell the other day we are now of the mark with three.
Willow Warbler.
Sparrowhawk.
Blackcap.
Wren.
Comma.

No comments:

Post a Comment