Thursday 31 August 2017

Sept 30th

Nothing much happening lately a lot of activity with boats and general public so we mainly limit our visits. Good numbers of Speckled Woods noted today though along with Singles of Peacock and Red Admiral . Brown Hawker Dragonfly looking for prey along north hedgerow and good numbers of Common Darter around top pool in the wood. Very quite on the mere as I said due to the amount of boat activity , hopefully as Autumn then winter approaches the boating will end. I know everyone has the right to enjoy there own activities but it really does get up my back , when birds have flown miles and all they want to do is feed up and rest only do be disturbed by someone in a floating tube splashing around oblivious to the damage they are doing to our wildlife. Oh a Common Marbled Carpet moth was seen along with a very large wasp like Hoverfly which iam still trying to identify.As I did not have my camera to hand I have added two images from Nature Guide UK. The species was definitely Chrysotoxum with this one from memory looking the closest .

No comments:

Post a Comment