Friday 23 February 2018

Gadwall

Just got in from work early evening as Mark called me saying he had just had Oystercatcher low over the water . And again about five minutes later with a pair of Gadwall now that got me moving. Oystercatchers fly over occasionally this time of the year but Gadwall are very scarce , with only one sighting a year and last year's I missed. So a site tick for me thanks Mark. On arrival the Gadwall were close into the shore but at it was late afternoon there was no sun on them . The Oystercatcher was relocated sitting on a buoy in the middle giving me some distant but reasonable record shots. Must make a note to myself see if I can get that buoy moved a little closer. That takes us onto 70 species for the year getting closer to that magical 100 never been done at the site before.
Oystercatcher.
The last record for Gadwall at the site was for one day on 25/01/17.

No comments:

Post a Comment