Sunday 2 September 2018

Common Scoter

Well what can I say another call at 6-20 this morning from Mark , this time he had found a drake Common Scoter . On my arrival it was distant and very nervous taking flight a few times. It was very overcast so photography was near on impossible , I got a couple distant flight shots. I arrived at 6-40 and by 6-55 it flew off high in a North Westerly direction. Before I left for work I managed 65 Coot , Raven , Grey Wagtail , Cormorant , 8 Swallow's , Buzzard , 5 Chiffchaff , Grey Heron , 6 Great Crested Grebe's and a Jay . We usually get one or two sightings a year of Scoter , this is the first one so far.
A very distant dark shot of a drake Common Scoter leaving the mere this morning before sunrise . Not ideal conditions for photographing an all black duck in the gloom.
It is a Common Scoter honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment