Wednesday 1 February 2017

Feb 1st

A good couple of hours spent at the Mere around lunch time today.Three Little Grebe were soon located along with two female Goldeneye but only eleven Pochard remaind today which included just one female. While checking the Pochard out I noticed a single female Wigeon still pretty scarce at this site and a lot closer in than the Pochard which allowed for a few record shots .
Wigeon.
Wigeon.
After enjoying several minutes photographing the Wigeon I moved on towards the sailing club stopping off at one of the fishing platform's to scan the water and soon picked up the female Long-tailed Duck still distant but a lot closer than I have had it before. Time for the camera again it did come a little closer before being spooked by a pair of Grebe's and taking flight further out into the middle , some more record images below. Personally I still don't think this is the Westport bird but what do I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment